Friday 17 April 2015

Friday Blog Project - 'Pom Pom Dahlia' Card

Good morning to you,
 
Heidi here to share another blog project with you today.

 
Have you been enjoying the wonderful 'mini' heat wave that has swept the country? Well, my garden has flowers popping out everywhere, so I thought I would choose a great flower image from the Little Claire range - the 'Pom Pom Dahlia' stamp is just right!  It is a beautiful image and a favourite of mine. It just called out to be inked up and coloured in!

Here is the inside of my card :

 
 I have made a small pop-up card from cream and kraft card.  It is similar to the club card sample that I made recently, using the new 'April Showers' stamp set.  I have used one of the sentiments from that set, on the front of my card.
 
Here are the products I used :

 
Pom Pom Dahlia stamp
April Shower's May Club stamp set
Kraft Card
Cream Stamping Card
Memento 'Rich Cocoa' inkpad
Promarkers : Putty, Almond, Khaki and Pastel Beige
Lace and twine oddments
Small cream pearls
Labels # 22 dies

How my card was made :

(1) Cut your kraft card blank to measure : 20cms x 10cms.
(2) Cut a piece of cream card : 20cms x 10cms.
(3) Stamp up the 'Pom Pom Dahlia' image around edge of kraft card blank.
(4) Onto cream piece, stamp up image to each end edges, colour in.
(5) Die cut a piece of cream card, using the larger die.
(6) Stamp up two images, as shown.  Add 'To lovely you ....' sentiment to centre.
(7) Using cream card centre piece, cut two 2cm slits into card at fold, three centimetres
from each edge.


(8) Pop out the centre piece and score edge well.
(9) Die cut smaller die from kraft card.  Edge with flower image and stick to centre piece.


(10) Cut a further flower image onto cream card, colour in and cut out.
(11) Stick to kraft centre piece.
(12) Attach lace and twine and tie a know.
(13) From a small piece of lace, tie a bow and attach to centre flower.
(14) Decorate with small pearls.


  I do hope you have enjoyed my tutorial today.  The little 'Pom Pom Dahlia' stamp is only £2.00.  To treat yourself, the website section is HERE.

Heidi
x
 


4 comments:

  1. What a card Heidi! Fabulous, would love to make this, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial Heidi, I have this stamp and it stamps beautifully every time. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Heidi I have got this stamp thank you for the tutorial love June horrocks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great card

    ReplyDelete